Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One dress per day is a good rule, don't you think?

I've blogged a little about the food, but I haven't yet blogged about the shopping.  Which is amazing enough to have inspired the title of this post.  The shopping is incredible.  Everywhere.  And I mean everywhere.  I may have to invest in a pair of blinders so when I walk to the BTS (Sky Train) stop I can't see anything I might be tempted to buy (which is everything).  Not sure exactly where I would obtain blinders, but if you know of any human (i.e. not horse) sized apparatuses that might work, give me a holler.  I seriously would consider using them.  En route to a Siam Square nail salon today I got distracted by a sidewalk boutique and bought my second and third dresses of the trip.  I think a one-dress-a-day rule is appropriate to apply going forward, especially since each dress costs about $6.50 and looks like this:
Another critical aspect of shopping, which I alluded to yesterday, is the grocery shopping.  Stopped by the market again tonight to pick up some takeaway for dinner and found myself wandering the "snack chips" aisle.  Apparently, no meal is complete without prawn and octopus-flavored corn snacks.  Look at all the good stuff on those shelves.  Look closely.  Zoom in.  See the little cartoons of octopi (octopuses?  octopode?) on the packages?  Deeeelish.
Things have been quiet here today...first class, first homework, first group assignments.  None of the Thai students wanted to be in the American groups, because, as one so eloquently put it, "You don't work.  You just travel all the time." (Mom, Dad, this is NOT true - I plan to barely complete all of my assignments just before the due date and attend, at most, the mandatory 80% of classes required to pass).  Tomorrow brings more class and costume shopping.  Us Kelloggers feel compelled to wow the Sasin community with some incredible outfits.  This is a Halloween party, after all (the real Halloween party got postponed because of the flood so, fortunately for us, we get to be a part of the rescheduled fiesta).  Bring it.    

1 comment: