Monday, January 9, 2012

First Day of School!

Today was the first day of school. It may surprise some of you, but yes, we actually go to class here at Sasin (and have an 80% attendance rule!). Well, except for today because I don't have class today, but it was theoretically the "first day" for most people. The Sasa Patasala building is beautiful, with brand new classrooms and study rooms (sorry, friends at Jacobs), a small gym (shout-out to Crossfit 847), music room (they have a cover band, just like us, and they need a singer...one guess as to who's going to try to get in on that) and outdoor pool (where I intend to head right after I finish writing this). We met some of our Thai classmates, six of whom will be on exchange at Kellogg in the Spring. Looking forward to getting to know them, and particularly looking forward to Sasin's first theme party of the quarter, "Monsters & Heroes", this Saturday. Need to start working on my costume. Fortunately, some of my Thai classmates have already suggested a few good shops where we can appropriately outfit ourselves for the occasion. Mom and Dad, I know you're wondering if I'm being properly educated. My classes are as follows: Managing Human Capital in a Global Context, Competitive Strategy, and Brand Management. Happy? A three-class load will hopefully allow for plenty of time for learning and enrichment...and by "learning and enrichment" I mean "weekend travel". In addition to my first day of school, today was my first day of grocery shopping. I wanted to stock up on cereal and snacks for my room. I'm pretty sure I accomplished this, although it's still not clear to me what I actually bought. A few of the items resembled corn flakes, which seemed like a good purchase, and at least I could determine which of the aisles to stick to (I managed to avoid buying anything in aisle 9, which is where one can evidently purchase "Exterminate Rat"). In other news, if any of you avid readers (I'm talking to you, Mom) are curious about the Muay Thai fight last night, we didn't actually end up making it. The incompetent person in charge misread the times and we showed up as it was ending (to all those who followed me, please consider this my public apology). Good thing we have five more weeks in Bangkok. Off to the pool for the remainder of the afternoon. Happy Monday to all of you still asleep at home. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Bangkok, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment