Saturday, February 11, 2012

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Well, our time in Bangkok has finally come to an end. While we're all excited for our upcoming adventures, it feels like the school term flew by too quickly...it seems like just yesterday I was standing at the Suvarnabhumi taxi stand, jet-lagged and confused, frantically trying to get myself to Sasa House. It's been quite a trip. We've really gotten to know the city (if you ever need BKK recommendations, don't hesitate to ask!), and have had a lot of fun exploring and making new friends from all over the world. It's sad to leave already, but I have no doubt I'll be back (actually, I know I'll be back...in five weeks...so I'm not really too worried). Wondering what's next in the adventures of the Kellogg crew? Here's a rough itinerary for the next five-plus weeks:
February 12-16: Chiang Mai (hill tribe trekking)
February 17-21: Laos (Mekong river cruise; Luang Prabang - featuring special guest Abby Michaud!)
February 22-March 3: Vietnam (Hanoi; Hoi An; Ho Chi Minh City)
March 4-5: Cambodia (Siem Reap; Angkor Wat)
March 6-11: Koh Phangan (Full Moon Party!)
March 12-22: Three of my favorite people in the whole wide world come to visit Thailand! Can't wait to show my little Lulu, Dave Schloss, and Pete Forsberg around town!

I assume this is where my regular blog posts will become less and less regular since internet is likely to be inaccessible - questionable at best - most of the time, but I'll update as frequently as I can. If you're really interested, you can follow me on Twitter (@liznill) or Facebook, which I might be updating on a more consistent basis. Thanks to everyone who's read these entries - you've made this blog a ton of fun to write! All the best to those back home, and I'm looking forward to seeing many of you in a few short weeks.


And one more thing: since school is over and we're leaving tomorrow morning, we of course had to go out with a bang...I'll leave you with a few photos of the Kellogg crew and our new Thai friends, as well as a few of my favorites from the trip. Thanks for the memories, Ahmad, Ross, Joe, Andrea, Mahima, Kara, Shruthi, Danille, Dan H, Josie, Kate, Dan J, Syreeta and Dana. Cheers, Liz


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've had an amazing time! You must have been wrapping up the term when I was emailing you about BKK (I ended up staying in Chiang Mai then to HK)! 6 weeks is kinda short term! lol. Anyway, I just spent 2.5 weeks on Koh Phangan...where are you staying there? Go to Haad Yuan if you can, it's the next beach over from sunrise beach, but a little more laid back and you can get there only by Taxi Boat. Go eat at Bamboo Hut, so delicious! It's on the rocks on the right end of the beach. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete